Prepare your Own Chocolate as the Mayans did and More…
With a Culture as Rich as its Chocolate, One Learns to Appreciate Both.
Discover the origins of cocoa (or cacao), how the Mayans used the cocoa beans as currency and how the chocolate was drank only by Priests and Emperors. See both artifacts and current footage of cocoa fruits being harvested from their trees here in the region and contemplate how the trading routes of this product have so vastly grown over the centuries.Amidst a lush tropical setting you will visit a real Mayan house. Learn their traditions, their day to day life and clever gardening techniques. Try a freshly handmade corn tortilla topped with a popular regional sauce made primarily of chocolate.Learn how the ancient Mayans prepared chocolate. Watch the traditional appliances and ingredients come together to make this time-honored Delicacy. Taste it first, as the Royals would have way back when, and then experiment with delicious combinations of Honey, Chile and other Natural Flavorings.Shop an unimaginable variety of cocoa products: Soaps, Lotions, Sauces, a huge assortment of artisanal chocolate bars and much, much more. Sample the different flavors of chocolate before choosing your favorites.Take a break at our outdoor bar and enjoy a refreshing ice cold beer, tropical cocktail, soda or water.INCLUDES:
- Bilingual guide,
- Chocolate Tasting.
- Lunch / Food for Infant(s),
- Infant Safety Car Seat (however available upon request at time of booking)
- Souvenir Photos (although available for purchase)
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Children Must be Accompanied by an Adult,
- A small Amount of Walking is Involved,
- Collapsible Wheelchairs can be Accommodated Providing the Passenger is Accompanied by Someone who can Assist them Board and Disembark,
- Operates in all Weather Conditions, Please Dress Appropriately.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Light pants or jeans,
- Close toe shoes,
- Camera and cash for souvenirs, tips, etc…
Terms & Conditions:
Reviews from TripAdvisor Website:
Smart Review URL
There are no reviews yet.