Once thought to be Mermaids, Manatees are beautiful and enormous marine mammals. These gentile giants can grow as long as 13ft/4m and weigh up to 1300 lbs/600 kg!
We’re absolutely thrilled to offer the “Manatee Encounter”, this is a one-of-a-kind adventure a it is the only swim with Manatees program in the Caribbean.
Share a Kiss and a Hug, Feed these Magnificent Creatures while Swimming with them in their home. You and your Family will Share a Magical Time with them.
Our Manatees Welcome you to Cozumel and hope that you enjoy your Encounter, an Absolutely Unique and out-of-this-world Adventure.
Duration: 50 minutes
- Chankanaab Natural Park Entrance Fee,
- An up-close experience with Manatees,
- Hugs, Kisses, Free Time, Swim by and Feeding,
- Interaction with two Manatees from a special platform in the water,
- Chankanaab Natural Park Garden,
- Facilities: pool, lockers, showers and restrooms,
- Snorkel in Chankanaab Natural Park (Equipment not included),
- Transportation to Chankanaab Natural Park
- Park admission for companions
- Pictures of your Activity
- Other activities in Cozumel
- Meals and Beverages
- Chankanaab Park is opened daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Chankanaab admission rate without dolphin program is $21 USD adults and $14 USD kids.
- 13+ year old can participate in this program unaccompanied,
- 6-9 years old can participate accompanied by a paid adult,
- 10+ year old over 4′ 7″ can swim on their own,
- The use of life jacket is required in all water programs,
- If you get to the Mexican island of Cozumel by cruise ship, verify your schedule before booking to avoid inconveniences.
For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and up) can’t participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Encounter program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a Responsibility Form.
It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program, remember you’ll receive a short briefing before your swim.
If you have any health or physical disability please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.
Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, and souvenirs.